Last Updated: December 20, 2022
KNOWBE4 MANAGED SERVICE PROVIDER STANDARDS OF ENGAGEMENT
The KnowBe4 Managed Service Provider Standards of Engagement (the “Standards of Engagement”) is applicable to all KnowBe4 Managed Service Providers (“MSPs”) and forms part of the Managed Service Provider Agreement between KnowBe4 and the MSP channel partner.
KnowBe4 enables employees to make smarter security decisions, every day. We believe in, and are committed to, providing fantastic customer service both internally and externally. We are dedicated to doing what is right for our partners and our customers. The KnowBe4 Managed Service Provider Standards of Engagement helps our partners understand the high level of expectations we have for our team internally, as we share the same expectations for our partnerships. As an MSP manages the subscription for their customers and runs/operates a customer's IT infrastructure and/or end-user systems, typically on a proactive basis and under a subscription model, it is important for KnowBe4 to ensure MSPs uphold these Standards of Engagement.
We appreciate your support in continuing to make KnowBe4 the world’s largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform. As a KnowBe4 MSP Partner, you agree to the following:
Subscription Management Services
- You run and operate the console on behalf of your customer(s), where you will maintain an updated user list for your customers, create phishing and training campaigns, and generate reports. Your customer will not receive administrative access to the console.
- Subscriptions can never be purchased under a bulk subscription and passed along to the customer to manage. This violates the spirit of the bulk MSP subscription.
- Subscriptions granted to the customer (whether purchased per customer or an existing KnowBe4 customer) cannot be moved under a bulk subscription at a later date.
- MSP internal use subscriptions are not able to be purchased under a bulk subscription and should be purchased separately from KnowBe4.
Onboarding & Ongoing Communication
- Attend an introductory discovery meeting with your KnowBe4 partner manager within ten (10) days of your initial subscription to align on the following areas:
- Number of organizations managed;
- Number of total endpoints managed;
- Any specific market or vertical specialization;
- How new customers are acquired and in which territory;
- How KnowBe4 will be offered (bundled, standalone); and
- Teams that will be supporting console management, sales, renewals, etc.;
- Complete a technical walkthrough within thirty (30) days of initial subscription;
- Attend a post-walkthrough meeting to address any remaining, unanswered questions and align on which customers will be added to the console first and the timeframe for uploading users; and
- Establish a regular meeting cadence with your KnowBe4 partner manager focused on growing the partnership:
- Sales, marketing and positioning;
- Expansion of seats;
- Leveraging the partner portal and KnowBe4 marketing assets;
- Ongoing product updates, new features and modules, their significance and how to sell them;
- Updates to the partner program; and
- Review of phishing and training campaigns, and other console activity.
Management & Maintenance
- Offer your customer(s) a monthly phishing campaign, with a minimum of one campaign executed per quarter, per customer (sent to all employees and in alignment with KnowBe4’s recommended guidelines); and
- Offer your customer(s) a quarterly training campaign, with a minimum of one annual training campaign executed per end user (sent to all employees and in alignment with KnowBe4’s recommended guidelines).
- Agree to true-up overages on bulk subscriptions within forty-eight (48) hours of occurrence. Criteria for meeting “true-up” means that an add-on order has been placed (signed quote or PO issued to KnowBe4);
- Sell to the entirety of your customer’s organization (no partial licensing unless there are specific circumstances where this is needed);
- Under bulk subscriptions, offer Platinum or Diamond level subscriptions to your customers only; lower levels or limited features may not be provided;
- Maintain a high level of customer retention on the KnowBe4 platform; and
- Only sell under a bulk subscription if you are pre-approved as a bulk MSP partner with KnowBe4, otherwise MSPs are only authorized to sell on a per-customer basis.
End-User Protection & Privacy
- Receive approval from the customer(s) for any domain requested to be added to your console, regardless of type of access; and
- Coordinate with your KnowBe4 partner manager to notify them that you are working on adding prospective customers through a bulk subscription or to register your deal for per customer subscriptions.
Respect and Responsibility
- Treat others with respect, professionalism, and in a friendly manner. Aggressive, overly argumentative, and unprofessional behavior, including, without limitation, using profanity or expletive language, is strictly prohibited. This is what makes the KnowBe4 environment unique and contributes to having a fun place to work, and we believe our relationship with our partners should be built on that same level of respect and partners should ensure they are mindful of ensuring the protection of KnowBe4’s reputation to its customers; and
- Work with KnowBe4 directly for any concerns or grievances. At KnowBe4, we believe the best way to handle a situation is to go directly to the source, and we expect our partners to do the same.